Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gnomes

As I was opening the bar yesterday afternoon, I stopped to notice that some of the cigarette butts that were outside the night before when I closed were now gone. This is hardly news, I realize this. It was a windy night, there could have been a sidewalk sweeper, the manager who was in earlier in the day could have picked them up. Lots of logical solutions.

But me, being a little bit tired and prone to random visualizations, saw something that looked more like this.



A little cigarette gnome comes along to pick up the left over cigarettes during the evening, sometimes even sticking a few behind his ear that haven't been smoked all the way down. Maybe he's fashioned some sort of carrying device that he can strap a few to his back like cross country skis.

So there I was, laughing at a gnome that didn't exist, carrying away cigarettes to line his little gnome home.

It is ENTIRELY possible that I need to drink less coffee.

3 comments:

HOLDstudios said...

This is a great visual and very funny.

I must admit you and I have the most intelligent, insightful and dynamic commentators of the blogosphere.

Kris said...

Yep. We're awesome.

HOLDstudios said...

That is true and I would love a manhattan to go with it

Post a Comment