Sunday, January 25, 2009

I think I figured it out...

For the last few weeks, I've been experiencing a troubling array of health conditions. By troubling, I mean annoying not dangerous. I've been completely exhausted, even after a good night's sleep. I've been famishing, even after eating a good meal. I've been cold, even though I'm always warm. After consulting with the WebMD wisdom, and crossing multiple potential concerns off the list, I think I've figured it out.

I'm getting ready to hibernate.

It makes perfect sense! It's been brutally cold and we've received more than our fair share of snow. The days are short and most often, grey. With the thick hair, I have more than once been told I resemble a bear.

This is good news. It means that these symptoms should only last a few more weeks. Well...probably months. But it's better than something more permanent. The curse of living in the upper Midwest includes a few months at the beginning of the year where it's hard to remember that there will be days filled with green grass and blooming flowers. Or even the possibility of leaving the windows open. It's the part of the year that makes the other months seem so much more wonderful. It would be terrible, absolutely Terrible, to live in someplace like San Diego where there's wonderful weather year 'round. Who would want perfection, day after day? *pshaw* We're better for all of this tough living.

Right?

2 comments:

HOLDstudios said...

Folks from the midwest, are the hardiest.

That's coming from a midwest boy gone west and has since gone soft. Thankfully I am still able to put things in WiscoIowinnsota perspectives when its 40 hear and -40 there and realize that 40 is not the end of the world.

Sleep tight sister bear.

Kris said...

:) Mom sent me the video that you did from the trip. WAY cool.

Miss you.

Post a Comment