Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School thoughts

Well, school has started again 'round this college town. The cyclical nature of the year suits me well. I'm excited when the students come back and I'm excited when they leave. I'm not excited about things like increased traffic and lines at Target but these are manageable. As a wise woman pointed out, in our small college town, traffic goes from a 10 minute commute to a 13 minute commute. Time to take a big breath and relax.

Theoretically, this will also be my last fall semester. I start my research in the spring and if all things go well, I should be able to finish my writing over the summer and graduate in August with my PhD. I've given myself permission to extend into August if necessary. But I'm aiming for August. So this might be my last fall of this town's heavy traffic and grocery lines. Next year, it will be some other college town. Pretty exciting to think about it that way.

My weeks look something like this. Except without "must see TV". Just Sons of Anarchy and True Blood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment