Sunday, August 23, 2009

remember me?

As I write this, I'm sitting at the bar that I've been working at for the last year. Working here WAY more than drinking here, which is a nice change.

Speaking of changes, I also start my PhD program tomorrow. I have an assistantship, I have a classload, I have the beginnings of a Capstone project. Because I did my masters here, most of my classes will roll over and I should only have 3 semesters of classes and then I'm giving myself a year of writing. So in theory, two and half years from now, I will be Dr. Kris Olds.

CRAZY!

But it does have a nice ring to it....

edit:
this is my horoscope for today. Quite fitting, if I do say so.

You're about to embark on an extraordinary opportunity or relationship. Be receptive and open to the influences that are intent on presenting you with experiences that will shape your mind, body and soul if only you are willing to relax your sense of control and deal with what comes your way. There's no need to decide one way or the other what your course of action will be. Instead, watch, wait and listen for your golden chance.



Post in the next few days will probably tackle the "relax your sens of control" thing. Been thinking a lot about that lately...

1 comments:

Matthew Helbach-Olds said...

Kris that sounds so AWESOME. I would let you operate on me anytime.

Seriously though, this sounds like a great plan and I can't wait to hear how it goes. I am so proud of you and will enjoy your successes from afar. Dr. Olds has a great great ring to it.

Keep it up and good luck sis.

Love you-

Matthew

Post a Comment